Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Countryside on the way to work

We traveled to work yesterday with the other new teachers.  The school is amazing (best facilities in which I've ever taught) and the countryside is very Apocalypse Now making quite the juxtaposition.  Meeting the students was wonderful (very respectful already and I love their smiles) and the lunch there is some of the best food I've had since we've been in Cambodia.  As beautiful as the countryside is, the poverty is overwhelming.  As we traversed the red dirt road in our air conditioned van, I could not help but feel some level of guilt for my fortunate position in life.  Here are some pics of what we see everyday on the way to work. (click on the pic to enlarge)  If I can help these kids improve the lives of other Cambodians in the future, my life will feel very worth weil. 




No comments:

Post a Comment